A fine blend of quality flours, water, sourdough starter, honey and salt creates this versatile bagel that is crispy on the outside, but soft and moist on the inside.
This bagel goes with almost anything like the classic ham & cheese to cream cheese & smoked salmon. It is a no-sugar, no dairy, no fat/oil alternative to sweet sandwich bread for the health conscious people out there. Eating it on its own, this slightly savoury sweet bagel will develop a complex flavours as you chew along.
All bagels are naturally leavened, fermented for at least 12hrs, and triple-proofed for maximum flavours development. These bagels are made from a blend of quality Italian, French and German flours and contains no nasties.
Our bagels are baked-to-order, and sold in a bag of four (4) bagels.
Bagels care instructions:
1. Bagels stay good up to 3 days in cool ambient condition.
2. Freeze bagels will best preserve the quality of the bread. Place bagels in air-tight zip-lock bag, squeeze out as much air as possible and seal it.
3. Freeze the bagels for up to 2 months.
Reheating instructions (oven):
1. Thaw the bagels in ambient for 1-2hrs.
2. Preheat oven at 165°C for soft tender crust, or 200°C for crispy crust.
3. Place bagels on the parchment paper, spray some water on the bagels.
4. Bake the bagels in the oven for 5-10 mins, or to desired crispiness.
Reheating instructions (bread toaster):
1. Thaw the bagels in ambient for 1-2hours.
2. Slice bagel into two equal halves (horizontally).
3. Insert each slice into the bread slots and heat to desired crispiness.